About the Book
Celebrate resistance and spark change!
Discover the powerful words of anti-racism activists in this vibrant, resonant collection of quotes that centers previously unheard voices while also paying tribute to those who came before. More than 100 incisive, thought-provoking passages will enlighten and inspire in this must-have collection for everyone who cares about promoting racial equity.
Kenrya Rankin celebrates resistance by centering and honoring anti-racist voices, past and present. This exciting collection showcases passages from the writings or speeches of thinkers and activists in the anti-racist community. These are words to enlighten, to prompt change, to provide encouragement, and to move readers to action. A brief biographical note for each person quoted gives context to their words. The bold and colorful design underlines the energy and movement toward real change.
– Anti-racism is necessary to combat the destructive legacy of systemic racism
– This book offers readers an introduction to anti-racism in an appealing, illustrated package
– Beautifully designed and authentic, this book supports the movement and makes a good impulse buy or thoughtful gift purchase
– Author Kenrya Rankin is a sought-after speaker and writer on anti-racism
– This upliting and thought-provoking collection is a celebration of the movement toward racial justice and resistance to white supremacy
Voices include: Ta-Nehisi Coates, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Ibram X. Kendi, Elaine Welteroth, Serena Williams, W.Kamau Bell, Lizzo, Opal Tometi, Alicia Garza, Jason Reynolds, Audre Lorde, Bayard Rustin, Malcolm X, Buffy Sainte-Marie, Frederick Douglass, and many more!